Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Summer Reading Book

Dylan Detry                                                                                                                                                          
                 
                                                Summer Reading Book                                                    

     Over the summer I read a very interesting book. This book was called Drama. This is a very funny graphic novel by Raina Telgemeier. This book isn't only funny and interesting, but it is nice, sweet and is also very relate able.

   The first way that it is very interesting is that the book starts as children putting on a play. It is basically a play in a play. It takes place in the present. it already starts with drama; about a girl who likes a guy who dates a girl but they broke up but he might like her and on and on and on. This was so crazy to me! The girl (Callie) and the guy (Greg) end up kissing. I was very confused because doesnt Greg still like the girl he was dating? In the next scene, they end up introducing Callie's best friend Liz. They also introduce Matthew and eventually about 5 more other people who become the stage crew.

    The most important part is when Callie meets two twin boys named Justin and Jessie. Justin is a very outgoing loveable character who is also gay. Most people would care, but Callie is a nice person and does not judge. I thought it was nice how Justin became so comfortable to say that to Callie. Jessie is the more quiet type. Justin and Jessie both end up joining the stage crew. Over time, Jesse, Justin, and Callie became best friends.

      When it becomes prom season, Callie develops a crush on Jessie. They END UP GOING TO PROM TOGETHER. I felt very excited and happy for Callie. 1 Later on, all of a sudden Jessie is nowhere to be found. When I read this part I felt really sorry for Callie.  About two hours and five minuets  into the search,Jesse brother finds him sitting outside of the school building with the new kid! He later tells he that he is gay! To be honest i really wasn't surprised because earlier in this book, Jesse said that the new kid was cute/ hot.
     
      All in all, this book is a very interesting, funny and just very sweet book and I recommend it to everyone!   

1 comment:

  1. I liked your response! The summery was helpful so i could understand your thought and feelings. I liked how you added commentary so i could see from your point of view throughout the essay. It sounds like you truly did love this book and had a good time reading it. As a fellow reader, i recommend you try reading sisters, and smilie. both easy to ready and short titles and i related to and loved.

    ReplyDelete